This course, sponsored by Bank of America, was designed to provide VITA/TCE Volunteers with basic tips on interacting with persons with disabilities, information to eliminate myths and increase awareness of a growing demographic we serve at free tax sites.
The training includes:
- Information on “What is a Disability?”
- Identifies different types of disabilities,
- Provides an understanding of “people-first language”,
- Provides tips to better communicate with people with disabilities and
- Explains what service animals are and how to interact with them.
NDI’s Disability Awareness Traning is available in two formats:
- A self-paced online course at http://ndi.elogiclearning.com
- A downloadable PowerPoint: Disability Awareness Training for VITA Volunteers – (PowerPoint)
Registering for this course
To take this NDI course, you must register as a learner at the NDI Online Classroom. As a learner, you can take courses at your own pace, track your course completion and scoring, and print certificates of completion.
To register, visit ndi.elogiclearning.com. Once you are registered, click the “Available Courses” tab to view our current course selection. Please note that you must be logged in at the NDI Online Classroom to view and register for courses.