October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM), a month devoted to the importance of an inclusive workforce that values the skills and talents of people with disabilities. An ABLE (Achieving a Better Life Experience) account can contribute to disability workforce inclusion by supporting the education and employment goals of qualified individuals with disabilities. In combination with Social Security Administration (SSA) work incentives, ABLE accounts can increase financial self-sufficiency and improve long-term outcomes.
The purpose of this webinar is to educate transition-age youth with disabilities, their families, providers and advocates on how effective use of an ABLE account, in addition to other supports and work incentives like those offered by SSA, can improve the life trajectory.
This webinar will cover:
• What ABLE accounts are, and how they can support transition-age youth.
• SSA work incentives are specific to transition-age youth.
• How ABLE accounts and SSA work incentives can be used individually and/or together for transition-age youth.
• Promising practices to consider.
• Testimonials from ABLE account owners and parents/guardians of ABLE account owners.
• Next steps and resources.
This webinar will be moderated by Miranda Kennedy, Director, ABLE National Resource Center (ABLE NRC), and will include a panel of ABLE-related stakeholders and experts:
• Laurie Schaller, Disability Benefits Expert, ABLE NRC
• Kevin Nickerson, Co-Director, American Dream Employment Network, National Disability Institute
• ABLE account owners and parents/guardians of ABLE account owners
Please note: Real time captioning will be provided for this webinar. For other accommodation requests, questions about the webinar, or the registration process, please contact Al Milioto at firstname.lastname@example.org.