Looking to join a small, yet dynamic and passionate communications team? Then consider applying for the new position of Communications Associate at National Disability Institute (NDI), a nonprofit based in Washington, D.C. whose mission is the financial empowerment of people with disabilities.
Our organization is growing and so is our team. We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented person who is versed in social media and email marketing. If you thrive on challenges, are creative and a stickler for detail – and want to make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities – then consider joining our team. Apply today!
This is a full-time position that can be done virtually from a home office. This position may require additional time commitments outside of a typical workday to complete all tasks. Candidates in Eastern or Central time zones preferred.
- Design and disseminate HTML emails via email marketing platforms.
- Assist with writing and editing communications copy, including social media, emails and blogs.
- Create and post content on all NDI social media properties and provide monthly web and social media metrics to senior staff.
- Use content management systems to assist Web Manager with updating websites and ongoing maintenance.
- Act as a coordinator for the Marketing and Communications team within the organization and assist with project management.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Degree in Communications, Multimedia Communications, Marketing or equivalent professional experience
- 1-3 years of work experience preferred in nonprofit or agencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter and critical thinker with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Experience with email marketing tools (i.e., MailChimp)
- Experience with website content management systems (i.e., WordPress, etc.) with a basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience with publishing and design tools desired (i.e., Canva or Adobe Creative Suite)
- Online meetings experience required
- Knowledge of disability-related issues, either through professional or personal experience desired
- Knowledge of 508 compliance and accessibility standards a plus
- Experience with project management software a plus (Formstack, Asana, Monday)
Salary commensurate with experience. NDI offers employees a comprehensive benefits package, including vision, dental, FSA, 401K and health insurance.
People with disabilities and minorities are encouraged to apply. NDI is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive organization.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, two (2) social media or email marketing campaigns and two (2) design samples (can include link to online portfolio if applicable) to Gail Watson, Director of Finance, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
The deadline to apply for this position is March 31.