National Disability Institute (NDI) has an opening for a motivated self-starter with experience in the disability and financial capability fields to manage and contribute to the implementation of initiatives that strengthen the financial empowerment of individuals with a disability.
NDI is launching a series of financial health equity initiatives to increase the financial wellbeing of communities of color with a disability. The Manager, Financial Empowerment will be responsible for directing the work necessary to achieve the successful implementation of these initiatives. A component of successful implementation will be to bring back to all staff lessons learned that will enhance our intentional inclusion of individuals with disabilities from underserved populations across multiple projects. The individual will also be expected to contribute to the implementation of training and technical assistance components that are part of broader financial empowerment initiatives.
This position will have two key responsibilities. The first one is to manage the implementation of financial health equity projects that will build the capacity of financial counselors, financial coaches, and service providers to serve communities of color with a disability more intentionally. This will include developing and tracking workplans, setting and monitoring key performance indicators as well as coordinating closely with local partners and team members to ensure successful completion of project activities by set deadlines.
The second responsibility is to provide training and technical assistance, in collaboration with other team members, to financial counselors, financial coaches, as well as to disability service providers. Training topics include financial capability, financial coaching, favorable tax provisions, public benefits, ABLE Accounts and asset development strategies. This responsibility will include developing curricula and training materials and delivering training through various formats, virtually as well as in-person, and by leveraging NDI’s e-learning platform.
This position reports to the Division Director, Financial Empowerment, and will be part of a team of six people that collaborate and work closely together to implement initiatives that contribute to the financial empowerment and economic advancement of people with disabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Including, but not limited to:
- Direct the work necessary to achieve project goals, activities, and outcomes.
- Serve as the lead liaison between NDI and the project partners.
- Monitor program delivery, budget, and reporting.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on financial education and financial tools.
- Develop instructional materials, and curricula for financial counselors, financial coaches as well as for disability service providers.
- Provide technical assistance, training, and support to national and local stakeholders.
- Compile data, write and prepare project update reports as required by funders.
- Other duties as assigned.
To meet the minimum requirements of this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 10+ years of experience in the financial counseling or financial coaching field.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in any field of study.
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Possess exemplary organizational skills.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports that provide an overview and status update on project implementation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in-person, in public, in writing, by telephone, and by email; demonstrating professionalism, courtesy, and respect to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated history of leadership, collaboration, and impact.
- Ability to mediate challenges associated with national and community-based partnerships.
Salary commensurate with experience. NDI offers employees a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401K and health insurance. Salary range $70,000-$80,000.
The supervisor for this position is located on the East Coast. Applicants will be expected to align their schedule with that of their supervisor. In-person team meetings are occasionally expected.
The deadline to apply for this position is August 31, 2022 with an expected start date of September 19, 2022.
People with disabilities encouraged to apply. NDI is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Gail Watson, Director of Finance & HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. ALL INCOMPLETE PACKAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED