National Disability Institute (NDI) is seeking an individual with experience with the Social Security Administration’s Ticket to Work Program and Employment Networks to support the American Dream Employment Network (ADEN). The Project Manager works closely with the ADEN Directors and other project staff to assure quality performance and project growth to build a better financial future for people with disabilities. ADEN, a division of NDI, is an approved Employment Network operating under Social Security’s Ticket to Work program. The ADEN Project Manager should be familiar with the Social Security’s Ticket to Work program, detail-orientated, initiative-taking and prepared to work within a sophisticated web-based portal.
This is a full-time position that can be done virtually from a home office. This position may require additional time commitments outside of a typical workday to complete all tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Including, but not limited to:
- Primary lead and work focus includes, but not limited to:
- Quality Assurance: Leads the Quality Assurance reviews as determined by ADEN Directors, reports findings to Directors and Members, assists in developing the Quality Assurance process.
- Security of Data: Leads tasks related to the Social Security Clearance for all Member staff, and other external personnel, as defined by ADEN procedures; collects documents from personnel and submits to SSA, tracks clearance process, posts related information in the ADEN portal, communicates with SSA for follow up and changes.
- Marketing ADEN to customers as stated in the ADEN Marketing Plan and requested by ADEN Directors.
- Support ADEN Team in the following work areas:
- Payments: Monthly review for possible payments, requesting payments through SSA Ticket portal, posting payment status in ADEN portal, tracking payments, and follow up of payment decisions.
- Assist and develops reports and data collection, as identified, and assigned.
- Coordinate technical assistance to diverse geographic sites with staff and other subject matter experts, as requested.
- Develop and maintain timeline and follow-up with communication plans, trainings, and webinars, as requested.
- Assists with work related to ADEN Employer Partners, as requested by ADEN Directors. Ongoing contact, follow up requests from employer partners, addressing interested new employer partners.
- Manage timely and accurate tasks and processes to assure smooth Employment Network operations and compliance with funder.
- Provide exceptional customer service while utilizing exemplary verbal and nonverbal interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner, and appropriately evaluate progress toward completion of work goals.
- Engage in self-development activities to maintain and update professional knowledge and skills in areas of subject matter expertise and to expand awareness and knowledge level into new areas related to Ticket to Work, employment, and disability.
- Coordinate and collaborate, as appropriate, activities with both internal and external projects/partners to augment level of support and achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The ADEN Manager position should possess the following skill sets:
- Attention to detail.
- Creativity and problem-solving
- Effective oral and written communication
- Initiative-taking and self-disciplined
- Ability to work independently.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in vocational rehabilitation, political science, social science, sociology, public administration, or a related field of study.
- Experience with Social Security Administration’s Ticket to Work program.
- Experience with disability employment services or direct experience working with people with disabilities.
- Must be able to pass and maintain Social Security Administration Suitability and Security Clearance (proof of suitability by the Social Security Administration).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Teams, plus experience with Zoom platform.
- Experience using customized database or Client Relationship Management product, including posting data.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Flexibility, adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Ability to seek ways to constantly improve efficiency of work processes.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written; demonstrating professionalism, courtesy, and respect to a range of audiences.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and information and experience creating charts and chart development in alternative formats.
- Ability to conduct mathematical computations including multiplication, division, and averages.
Experience Valuable to the ADEN Team
- Currently certified as a Work Incentive Practitioner or equivalent and adhere to requirement to maintain certification.Experience with federal agency protocols a plus.
- Experience with the American Dream Employment Network a plus.
- Experience with document accessibility requirements a plus.
- Served in a role providing technical assistance and training to Employment Network or Ticket to Work.
- Experience operating as an Employment Network or in Vocational Rehabilitation or Workforce Program Monitoring at State or Federal Level.
- Background in evaluation and continuing service quality improvement through performance measures.
Salary commensurate with experience. NDI offers employees a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401K and health insurance.
People with disabilities and minorities encouraged to apply. NDI is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive organization.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample (no more than 5 pages) to Gail Watson, Director of Finance, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.