The ABLE National Resource Center (ABLE NRC) Project Coordinator is responsible for day to day support (20 hours per week) for the ABLE National Resource Center (ABLE NRC) Director. ABLE NRC is a project of the National Disability Institute that is dedicated to advancing saving and financial security and stability for persons with disabilities and their families through the use of ABLE accounts. The Project Coordinator administers, implements, and monitors deadlines and deliverables; provides professional and timely assistance to staff and contractors; provides executive assistance to the ABLE NRC Director. The Project Coordinator position can allow the selected candidate the opportunity to work from home.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Provide executive administrative assistance to the ABLE NRC Director.
- Create a master calendar; maintain an ongoing master calendar of events with activities, deliverables, deadlines and staffing.
- Assist with virtual and on-site meeting planning implementation and logistics.
- Facilitate webinar and other e-learning opportunities with set-up, logistics and real-time supports.
- Coordinate conference calls, develop agendas, prepare and take minutes, and put minutes in the appropriate formats.
- Ensure quarterly report deadlines are met and assist in writing and producing reports due to funders.
- Support all aspects of trainings for partners and the public, formatting, facilitating, and executing technology (Webex, Zoom and Adobe).
- Provide exceptional customer service to all stakeholders and audiences accessing the ABLE NRC, utilizing exemplary verbal and nonverbal interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Provide support to ABLE NRC Director related to ABLE Ambassador program activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or currently a student with an accredited college or university in political science, social science, finance, public administration, or a related field of study.
- 3+ years’ experience in project management for a large project with experience in data analysis and report development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Experience working with GANTT charts and chart development in alternative formats.
- Flexibility, adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Ability to seek ways to constantly improve efficiency of work processes.
- Excellent communication skills in person, in writing, by telephone, and by email; demonstrating professionalism, courtesy, and respect to a variety of audiences.
- Completes assignments in a timely manner, and appropriately evaluates own progress toward completion of work goals.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and information when requested.
- Demonstrated history of project coordination.
- Experience with federal agency protocols a plus.
- Experience with disability policy and/or experience working with people with disabilities a plus.
Candidates with the following are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Personal experience with ABLE account ownership, either as an individual account owner or as a family member of an account owner.
- Familiarity with the ABLE Act, ABLE accounts and/or state ABLE programs
- Experience working with local, state and/or federal agencies and community based organizations
Salary commensurate with experience. NDI offers employees a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401K and health insurance.
People with disabilities and minorities encouraged to apply. NDI is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive organization.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample (no more than 5 pages) to Gail Watson, Director of Finance, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.