The Project Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day facilitation of tasks related to multiple projects awarded to National Disability Institute. The Project Coordinator administers, implements, and monitors deadlines and deliverables; provides professional and timely assistance to staff and contractors; provides executive assistance to the Division Director, Financial Empowerment.
This is a full-time position located in National Disability Institute’s downtown DC office. This position may require additional time commitments outside of a typical workday to complete all tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Provide executive assistance to the Division Director, Financial Empowerment. Provide executive assistance to other senior leaders, as requested.
- Create and maintain work plans; consistently able to remind team leaders and contractors about deadlines and deliverables in order to keep track of work plans.
- Develop a timeline and follow-up with communication plans, trainings and webinars. For example, setting up schedules when newsletters or social media blasts need to go out, following up when things are due and tracking how many people were reached.
- Support team leaders and multiple contractors in different project aspects.
- Coordinate conference calls using Zoom or MS Teams, develop agendas, prepare and take minutes, provide technical support and put minutes in the appropriate formats.
- Support teams in creating and promoting deliverables.
- Coordinate the implementation of three Regional Roundtables that will bring together disability partners and organizations working on economic and racial equity to identify concrete steps to strengthen the financial stability and financial resilience of individuals at the intersection of race or ethnicity, poverty and disability.
- Use of multiple platforms (Formstack or Eventbrite) to track participant registrations for Roundtables and trainings.
- Assist with meeting logistics, travel logistics, and other requests of this nature.
- Provide exceptional customer service while utilizing exemplary verbal and nonverbal interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Facilitate webinar and other e-learning platforms, set-up and logistics along with real-time support.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in political science, social science, sociology, public administration, or a related field of study.
- 3+ years’ experience in project management for a large project with experience in data analysis and report development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Experience working with GANTT charts and/or work plans.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Flexibility, adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Ability to seek ways to constantly improve efficiency of work processes.
- Excellent communication skills in person, in writing, by telephone, and by email; demonstrating professionalism, courtesy, and respect to a variety of audiences.
- Completes assignments in a timely manner, and appropriately evaluates own progress toward completion of work goals.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and information when requested.
- Demonstrated history of project coordination.
- Experience with federal agency protocols a plus.
- Experience with disability policy issues or experience working with people with disabilities a plus.
- Experience with document accessibility requirements a plus.
People with disabilities and minorities encouraged to apply. NDI is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive organization. NDI offers employees a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401K and health insurance.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Gail Watson, Director of Finance & HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Deadline to apply: July 9, 2021