Last updated: 9/15/2023
National Disability Institute (NDI) is committed to protecting the privacy and personal information of our website visitors, donors and other stakeholders. This Privacy Statement outlines our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information when you interact with our website and services. By accessing or using our website, you agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this statement.
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information, when you voluntarily provide it to us, including:
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Geolocation data
- Internet activity data including user’s Internet service provider, type of web browser or operating system, IP address, viewed pages, time and duration of site visits, crash logs, and other information relating to site usage.
- Demographic data, such as race, gender identity and age
- Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please note, however, that certain features of the site might not function if you delete or disable cookies. The site(s) cookies do not and cannot infiltrate a user’s hard drive to collect any information.
This data collection may occur when you fill out forms, make donations, subscribe to newsletters, register for webinars/events or interact with our website in any other way. The amount of information you provide is completely voluntary; however, providing less information might limit a user’s ability to access all of our site(s) features.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries, provide information and deliver the services you request.
- To process and acknowledge your donations or event registrations.
- To send periodic newsletters, updates and promotional materials related to our organization and its activities. You can opt-out of these communications at any time.
- To improve our website’s functionality, content and user experience.
- To analyze trends, monitor website usage and gather statistical information to help us improve our services and tailor our communications.
Sharing of Information
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may share your information with trusted service providers who assist us in operating our website and delivering our services. These service providers are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of your information.
We may also disclose your information if required by law or to protect our legal rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of others.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We use secure transmission methods to collect and store data and maintain safeguards to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your information.
Please note that, while we strive to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the internet or electronic storage system can guarantee 100 percent security.
You have the right to the following:
- The right to access or view personal information
- The right to rectify incorrect personal information or request data amendments
- The right to object to the processing of personal information
- The right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal information
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- The right to appeal a business’s decision with regard to a data subject’s request
- The right to request deletion of acquired information
You may request corrections to your account information at any time by contacting us.
Links to External Websites
Our website may contain links to external websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites you visit.
Updates to the Privacy Statement
If you have any questions, concerns or requests regarding our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement, please use the following contact us information:
National Disability Institute (NDI)
1701 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20006