Today, National Disability Institute (NDI) kicks off America Saves Week, which runs from February 25 – March 2, 2019. Coordinated by America Saves with support from select nonprofit, government, financial services, cooperative extension and education partners across the country, America Saves Week promotes savings as a way to help Americans reduce debt and build wealth.
NDI has joined forces with America Saves to raise awareness about the importance of saving money. Throughout the week, NDI will be sharing financial education tools, resources and information and will be engaging with other America Saves partner organizations to encourage and support good savings behaviors.
Each day of America Saves Week will highlight a unique theme, offering different opportunities and resources to build personal savings.
- February 25: Save with a plan. Did you know savers with a plan are twice as likely to save successfully for things like retirement and their (or their children’s) education?
- Tuesday, February 26: Save the easy way…automatically. Never miss a beat when it comes to saving. Make it so easy that you never have to think about it. Set aside money automatically.
- Wednesday, February 27: Save for the unexpected. Putting aside a few dollars a week into a savings account for unexpected costs can build financial security—and relieve a lot of anxiety!
- Thursday, February 28: Save to retire. Studies show few Americans have adequate savings for retirement but it’s never too late or too early to start saving.
- Friday, March 1: Save the extra. Did you know you’re more likely to save a windfall than a small amount consistently over time? Hack that psychology by saving your bonuses, raises and tax refunds.
- Saturday, March 2: Save as a family. Good saving habits start at home. Model good financial habits for your children, and teach them to do the same. Help them open their own savings accounts!
To learn more about America Saves, participate in America Saves Week events throughout this week or to start saving by taking the America Saves Pledge, visit www.americasaves.org, and be sure to use #ASW19 on social media.