This Summit, held on September 16, 2016, brought together leaders in government, the financial services sector, the disability and asset building communities and Fortune 100 companies to discuss strategies for improving financial access for individuals across the spectrum of disabilities. During breakout sessions, groups worked together to design the next generation of collective efforts that seek to fulfill the promise of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to bring people with disabilities more fully into the economic mainstream. Below, you will find resources given out at the summit.
- Event Program (pdf)
- Event Press Release (pdf)
- Event Presentation Slides (accessible, pdf)
- Information about ABLE accounts: Washington State ABLE Program | ABLE National Resource Center
The summit culminated in a list of priority recommendations for further action, which addressed these questions:
- How can we have financial institutions improve access and long-term relationships with customers across the spectrum of disabilities?
- How can we build the capacity of government, disability, and other community nonprofit agencies to provide financial education and financial coaching/counseling services to improve the financial capability and informed financial decision-making of individuals with disabilities?