Funder: Bank of America
Financial Engagement as a Gateway to Community Participation: A Multi-Level Intervention Study
This project is just launching and, from 2019 – 2014 will complete the following goals:
- Serve 250 young adults – age 18-24, who are in receipt of Virginia Vocational Rehabilitation services, receive SSI or SSDI, and are living on one of three targeted communities – through a control group (125 participants) and an intervention group (125 participants)
- Provide each participating young adult in the intervention group with the following intervention activities:
- Targeted Futures planning
- Financial education
- ABLE Account Opening and Management Assistance.
- $100 in ABLE Account
- Financial Coaching
- Survey each participating young adult in the intervention group to understand the impact of the intervention on their level of community participation and living.
- Survey each participating young adult in the control group to understand their level of community participation and living.
- Analyze findings to prepare knowledge translation materials for use by the field.