Financial Engagement as a Gateway to Community Participation: A Multi-Level Intervention Study
This project will complete the following goals:
- Serve 250 young adults – age 18-24, who are in receipt of Virginia Vocational Rehabilitation services, receive SSI or SSDI, and are living on one of three targeted communities – through a control group (125 participants) and an intervention group (125 participants)
- Provide each participating young adult in the intervention group with the following intervention activities:
- Targeted Futures planning
- Financial education
- ABLE Account Opening and Management Assistance.
- $100 in ABLE Account
- Financial Coaching
- Survey each participating young adult in the intervention group to understand the impact of the intervention on their level of community participation and living.
- Survey each participating young adult in the control group to understand their level of community participation and living.
- Analyze findings to prepare knowledge translation materials for use by the field.
This will be the first data of its kind data to better understand influencers on the use of ABLE accounts and their impact on the daily lives of young people with disabilities.
For more information about this project, contact Rebecca Salon at firstname.lastname@example.org.